The FBK Centre for Sensors and Devices, FBK-SD, an applied research centre that operates in the following scientific and technological areas: materials and interfaces, devices and microsystems, integrated systems, is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated, independent researcher in the field of silicon radiation sensors, for the development of cutting edge photo-detector and radiation detector technologies and devices that will be used to build next-generation systems in large scientific experiments and industrial applications, such as medical imaging, LiDAR, high energy physics experiments, payloads for space missions, advanced spectroscopies, material analysis, or quantum technologies.
The ideal candidate should have:
- PhD in physics, chemistry, material science, materials engineering or electronics engineering (possibly with a focus on silicon devices or CMOS-like microfabrication technology);
- knowledge of semiconductor device physics and radiation detectors operating principles;
- experience with cleanroom environment and semiconductor processing equipment (lithography, plasma etching, deposition, etc.)
- experience in running and managing research projects;
- strong teamwork attitude, good communication and relational skills;
- strong orientation to results, determination, flexibility and aptitude for problem-solving;
- knowledge of English will be verified during the interview on a technical or scientific topic and must be equal to or exceed level B2 (CEFR).
Type of contract: fixed-term contract
Working hours: full-time (38 h per week)
Start date: April 2023
Duration: 24 months. The contract may be extended where it is consistent with the Foundation’s policies.
Gross annual salary: about € 36.200 – € 41.400 depending on background and expertise in the field.
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy)
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidised cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security (SANIFONDS), family-work balance, free training courses, support on bank account opening, discount on public transport, sport, language course fees. More info at https://www.fbk.eu/en/work-with-us/
More information regarding the positon and how to apply can be found HERE.